Saturday, April 14, 2007

tama na! palitan na! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

It is common to say that the truth will set as free, and as long as we can speak, write and fight of what we know, we can be free.
In the homestretch of the campaign, both parties who want to occupy Biliran Province have traded barbs during their rallies. A source and a friend of mine confronted me last week that their masters has already allotted a bags of bundles of money ready to buy the votes of the Biliranon for their victory. Starting today the money will flood in Biliran. There is a lot of dirty money being used to bribe and influence the Biliranon. Perverted candidates reach out to the poor in the sum and in their lairs, offer them money, goods and promises in exchange of their votes. They are exploiting the poverty and weakness of the poor. Re-electionists use dirty money from graft and corruption, from gambling and drug lords to subvert the sovereign will, specifically the ignorance and illiteracy are most venerable to tempting of offers. Yes I agree from their loyalists that the people of Spain from Madrid de Manila who are disguising as Biliranon as what you connoted has done a lot of development in Biliran and simply also a lot of corruption. But development only happening in the district where they belong, but try to observe the other district down from Biliran to Culaba? You will experience heartache if you visit these places. You may be even made your tears drop I think, if you experience the rough road down these places. And try to visit Kawayan you will notice an accessible freeway linking the portion to the residence of the monster. I have also experienced the way down through the palace of Our Father in Biliran, a concreted and ever admiring site. Before when I went there, it was a rough road also but now it was already concreted. How unfair it was? I called this as an impediment rather than a development or advancement. For it is clear that economically, they are only doing things for their own benefits. Moreover this undertaking is onerous, unequal and one sided.
But this is not all there is to it. We still have time. The facts and the figures lies a multitude of voices waiting to be heard. LONG LIVE!
This election is my first time to exercise my rights to vote. I will stand for competency rather than by popularity.
We back 3 years ago when I was still in my high school at my ever daring Alma matter the Biliran National Agricultural College and has now being adopted by NIT. It was my observation during the 2001 elections, that practically you can’t win for a particular position if you don’t have sufficient funds to buy the votes of the people and after all poor the people. I went to observe the counting in one of the precinct in our Barangay I noticed a candidate for mayor who with him his over protective bodyguards armed with 45 and 9mm pistols and some with their paltik 38 revolvers came to the precinct. I was horrified at that time because of afraid of guns and goons who are cowards of the country. In fact we have a lot of guns and ammunitions at home and it was preserved by memories so that when time comes I run for Mayor or whoever in our family circle we can fights them. We are not show-off as what they are. I don’t know what will happen during and after elections. Two days more to come Election Na!. Bayaran Na! Tama Na! Palitan Na!
Their Biliranon, let us oppose and bar the move of those people who want to occupy Biliran for their own benefits and aggrandizement. LET US NOT ALLOW THEM TO MONOPOLIZE EVERYTHING IN BILIRAN. LET US NOT EVEN GIVE THEM ANOTHER CHANCE. I am Mark Bracamonte from Biliran, Biliran, and eldest son of Mr. and Mrs. Victor P. Bracamonte, a student of University of San Carlos and a member of ANAKBAYAN.

No comments: